NFT has given artists a new platform to get more exposure and easily sell their work. There are many NFT platforms that provide various great tools for creators and encourage them to make their NFT more accessible. So if you are an aspiring creator who wants to also dive into the NFT pool then we have just a guide on how to create and sell your own NFT for free. The process is simple and there is a very small learning curve that you will have no issues understanding.
Also, read | Unstoppable Domains: How to Buy NFT Domains, How It Works, and More
How to Create and Sell NFT for Free
Step 1. Create a Crypto Wallet
First of all, you will need an Ethereum wallet or you can use a different wallet based on the cryptocurrency you will be using to sell your NFT. Most NFT marketplaces accept MetaMask wallet as it gives you the option to store your art in your wallet.
Read our detailed guide on how to create a MetaMask wallet.
Step 2. Add Funds to Crypto Wallet
Now that your wallet is set up, you will need to buy Ethereum or any other corresponding cryptocurrency from a crypto exchange and then transfer it to your wallet. We will take CoinDCX for example. The process will be similar for other exchanges as well.
- Go to CoinDCX, then funds> Portfolio.
- Select Ethereum and Click on Withdraw
- Copy your wallet address and paste it on CoinDCX and enter the amount you want to send to your wallet. Remember there will be a transaction fee.
- That is it! you have successfully transferred your cryptocurrency to your wallet.
Now that you have funds in your Wallet. Go to an NFT marketplace you prefer. Or you can look at some marketplaces we curated for you here.
Step 3. Upload and Mint Your NFT
Now we get to the good part- uploading and minting NFT. First, go to a marketplace. We use OpenSea to demonstrate but the process will be the same for others too.
1. First, link your crypto wallet with OpenSea. Click on Wallet and you will see an option for MetaMask.
2. Choose that and your MetaMask extension should ask you for a password. Once you enter it, your wallet is connected to the site.
3. In OpenSea, you will find an option to Create right on the homepage. Click on that. If you do not find it on any other site right away then scroll all the way down and it should be somewhere there.
4. You will see a window where you can add your artwork or file of your creation. Below that, you can name your NFT and add a link to your webpage for more details if you have one. And then add a description of your NFT.
5. After that you will find various options to choose from to better filter your NFT. You can choose the quantity of NFT you want to make available. Think of it as a limited edition.
6. Then choose which Blockchain you want to make it available on. Once you have finalized your settings, Click on create.
7. Then you will be taken to a page where all the analytical details, as well as activity history, will be listed. Just click on sell to proceed further.
8. On this page, you can choose if you want to sell your NFT for a fixed price or put it up on auction where you can sell it to the highest bidder. You can also set the duration you want your NFT to be available for or the auction time limit and then Click on complete selling.
You will now have to pay the transaction fee and your NFT will be available for purchase on the marketplace.
This brings us to the end of the process. Now you can share your NFT link to attract more people to your work and even some potential investors.
Some websites even let you set a royalty amount. This pays you a percentage of the amount every time your NFT is sold so you can keep earning from your work.
As we mentioned previously, the process is simple and we hope we helped you learn the basics of creating your own NFT. You can obviously experiment and try different sites and options or even with different artforms but the process remains the same overall.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Source by gadgetstouse.com