Looking to find out more about the Diablo 4 Rogue class? Look no further. Created to fulfil a dexterity role, Rogue is a truly hybrid character who combines her excellence in both range and melee attacks with impressive speed and mobility stats. As such, Rogue is set to be one of the most flexible characters in the RPG game.
One of the Diablo 4 classes, Rogue is a throwback to the origins of the Diablo franchise. Blizzard has said that this Rogue is a whole new look though, encompassing elements of other popular characters such as Diablo 3’s Demon Hunter and Diablo 2’s Assassin. And, although originally from the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye, players can reportedly take on either a female or male Rogue class role. Here’s everything you need to know about the Diablo 4 Rogue ahead of the release date.
As mentioned, Rogue is a flexible, multi-skilled character who excels in both ranged and melee attacks. That means she has the skills to equip and use a whole host of weaponry from swords and daggers to bows and crossbows, which she’ll use in unison to defeat enemies.
Rogue also comes with character customisation meaning you can create a unique look based on your personal style from tattoos, to hoods, to half masks, and more. With such a flexible character comes the opportunity to mix up Rogue’s playstyle.
Rogue has a unique ability to pick up three different class specialisations – Shadow Realm, Exploit Weakness, and Combo Points.
- Shadow Realm: Rogue can disappear to a shadow realm where she cannot be harmed, yet she can drag enemies into the realm with her to create more streamlined fights.
- Exploit Weakness: Rogue can retaliate and counter-attack against enemies with increased damage as they prepare to use their abilities.
- Combo Points: string together rhythmic attacks to generate points that can be spent on other abilities.
All three specialisations will help Rogue complete class-specific quests throughout Diablo 4. All three can be unlocked throughout the game, but players can only have one active at any given time.
Rogue has a special mechanic called the imbue system which allows players to “change your playstyle on the fly”. This means players can assign an imbue to each skill, such as Frost Imbue, Shadow Imbue, Poison Imbue, and more. It allows Rogue to be flexible with her attacks as well as implementing specific elemental damage to attacks for her and her teammates.
So, she could freeze her rain of arrows, poison the battlefield, or use her otherworldly power to take over her enemies with a shadow imbued weapon.
We don’t have a confirmed skill tree for Rogue as of yet. For now, we know of a few skills that Rogue will have in Diablo 4 and we’ll be sure to update when we hear more from Blizzard.
Rogue’s skills in Diablo 4 are:
- Fire Arrow
- Caltrops: dropping various traps to damage surrounding enemies when triggered
- Forceful Arrow: high damage, single target attack
- Arrow Barrage: a combo skill that hits multiple enemies with arrows at the same time
- Rain of Arrows: an ultimate AoE attack that bombards enemies with a collect of arrows
That’s everything we know so far about the Diablo 4 Rogue class. Be sure to check out our guides to the Barbarian, Sorceress, Druid, and Necromancer classes to soak in all the info on the other Diablo 4 characters confirmed by Blizzard.
Source by www.pcgamesn.com