We’ve put our own healthy spin on this wildly flavorful, trending TikTok recipe!
If you’re on TikTok, you’ve probably come across the Baked Feta Pasta trend by now. Well, we’ve jumped on the train and have come up with our own healthy spin on this new craze! Ours is packed with tons of veggies and herbs to up the flavor and nutrients. Not only is it delicious and nutritious, but this recipe is ready in just 20 minutes, making it great for busy weeknights! And even if you haven’t heard of it, we still think you’ll love it! I mean, just look how gorgeous it is!
The Tasty TikTok Trend
Here at Skinny Ms, we try to keep up with all the new food trends, and that includes recipes that are all the rage! This baked dish recently took TikTok by storm and now everyone is trying it! However, the original recipe doesn’t include all of the awesome veggies that ours does, making our dish less calorie-dense and higher in antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals.
Our Unique, Veggie-Packed Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
While the TikTok original includes cherry tomatoes, we’ve up’d the ante by adding an extra cup of cherry tomatoes as well as red onion, mushrooms, and asparagus. Not only does this rainbow of produce add eye-catching color, but it also adds so many excellent nutrients.
- Cherry Tomatoes are an awesome source of lycopene, especially when they’re cooked because it enhances the nutrient’s availability to your body. They also contain vitamin C, great for detoxing and immune function.
- Red Onion packs a flavorful punch of cancer-fighting antioxidants. It also contains antibacterial compounds which help fight off infections.
- Mushrooms cling to herbs and aromas to enhance the flavor of your dish as well as bulking up your plate without increasing your calories. Not only do they act as a flavor sponge, but they also soak up sunlight (and vitamin D) as they grow, giving you a fantastic vitamin D boost.
- Asparagus is a powerhouse of essential nutrients including fiber, folate, and vitamins. It can also help improve digestion and lower blood pressure!
How To Make Our Baked Feta Pasta
Our Baked Feta Pasta is so simple and so quick to make! Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While that heats up, spread out tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and asparagus in a 9×13 baking dish. Place the block of feta in the middle of the dish, arranging the veggies around it. Drizzle olive oil all over the veggies and feta, then sprinkle everything with Herbs De Provence. Bake for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook your pasta (whatever shape is your favorite!) according to package instructions. Once the feta and veggies are cooked, keep the mixture in the baking dish and use a fork to mix the feta into the veggies and break up the tomatoes to mix in the juices. Pour the pasta on top of the veggie mixture and stir it up! Top with basil leaves and dig in!
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 red onion in chunks
- 2 cups button mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup asparagus chopped
- 1 tablespoon Herbs De Provence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce feta whole block
- 1/2 pound pasta any desired shaped
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, stems removed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a baking dish, spread out tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and asparagus. Place the block of feta in the middle of the veggies.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Herbs De Provence.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until tomatoes have burst and veggies are softened and golden
Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package instructions.
Once the feta and veggies are cooked, keep the mixture in the baking dish and use a fork to mix the feta into the veggies and break up the tomatoes to mix in the juices.
Pour the pasta on top of the veggie mixture and combine.
Top with basil leaves and serve.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1157IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 4mg |
SmartPoints (Freestyle): 15
Keywords Pasta, Vegetarian
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this baked feta pasta? Be sure to let us know in the comment section!
If you enjoyed it, we think you might also like to try our Cheesy Pizza Pasta Bake!
Source by skinnyms.com