If you want to hide your messages on any messaging app, there can be any reason for this, but this is always a good thing in terms of privacy. If you’re on Telegram and want to hide some of your personal chats, there are a few workarounds to do the same, just like there are ways to hide WhatsApp chats. Let us know what are these ways in which you can hide your private chats on Telegram.
Also, read | 3 Ways to read Telegram Messages Without Seen
3 Ways to Hide Your Personal Chats on Telegram
Archiving the Chat
Telegram has introduced the feature to archive chats in order to categorize the active and inactive chats for the users to offer a cleaner environment. But, you can use this feature to hide your personal chats from other conversations in Telegram. Follow these simple steps to archive your personal chat inside the application.
- Open Telegram App on your device.
- Locate the conversation that you want to hide using Archive Chats.
- Left Swipe the chat to archive it.
- The Archived Chats Folder will appear on the top of the screen which will contain your archived conversation.
- You can archive as many chats as you want.
- Locate and tap on the Archived Chats Folder to view all the chats that you’ve archived before.
- To remove a chat from the Archive list, left swipe the chat again to bring it on the homescreen.
Use Chat Folders to Hide your Personal Chats
Chat Folders in Telegram has been introduced in effectively organizing your conversations in the app service. This feature of Telegram can be used to our advantage in hiding our personal chats. This way, all the personal conversations can be separated easily from our non-relevant conversations inside Telegram. To use this feature, follow these simple steps.
- Open Telegram App on your device.
- Tap on the Hamburger Menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll and Navigate to Folders under the Settings Tab.
- Tap on Create New Folder.
- Select all the personal chats that you want to hide by tapping on Add Chats Button.
- You can add upto 100 Chats in a folder.
- Tap on the blue tick button to save changes.
- Name this folder as Personal (or anything that you may like).
- Tap on Save in the top right corner of the screen to create the folder.
- Your main-screen will now show separate tabs for different types of conversations.
Use the Saved Messages Feature
Saved Messages is another amazing feature of Telegram that allows you to save messages inside a chat (even including attachments) to a separate folder that can be viewed later. This feature can be used to save private/confidential conversations easily. After you’ve forwarded the message to Saved Messages, you can delete the original chat. Follow these simple steps to perform the same.
- Open Telegram app on your device.
- Locate the messages from conversation that you want to hide and open the chat.
- Long press the message and tap on Forward.
- Choose Saved Messages.
- Go back and delete the original chat.
- Locate the Saved Messages folder and open it.
- You can still see the message that you’ve forwarded.
In this article, you have learned ways to hide your personal chats on Telegram. If you’ve found this article helpful, then don’t forget to like and share this with your friends. Also, stay tuned for more articles like this.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Source by gadgetstouse.com