Instagram is pushing reels lately, as earlier Instagram Head Adam Mosseri confirmed that it is no longer a photo-sharing platform and it will double down on videos for 2022. As IGTV videos are not in fashion anymore, reels are the only option. In order to get views on your reels, consistency is one of the most important factors so that the mighty algo works in your favor. One way to maintain consistency is to prepare your content in advance and then publish it regularly. In this tutorial, I’ll tell you how to schedule Instagram reels for free.
Also, Read | 22 Tips and Hacks to Make Your Instagram Reels Popular in 2022
Ways to Schedule Instagram Reels
Instagram’s API allows to schedule Instagram photos and videos, but currently, it doesn’t allow to schedule reels via Facebook and Instagram creators studio app and website. However, there are a few ways to plan your reels and post them regularly to maintain consistency. Let’s have a look at them.
Use Your Phone to Schedule Reels
There is a really simple yet effective way to schedule your Instagram reels, using your phone. Here’s how to do it:
- Upload your reels to your Instagram account, but don’t post them right away. Instead, save them as a draft, and keep them ready.
- Now, set a reminder on your phone using your phone’s assistant i.e. Google Assistant, Apple’s Siri, or Amazon’s Alexa.
- Ask the assistant to remind you to post a reel during a specific time of the day, every day, or whatever time interval you prefer.
- Alternatively, you can also manually set a reminder in your phone’s calendar, and schedule the notification of the reminder according to the time you want to post the reel.
Also, Read | 5 Ways to Download Instagram Reels Video With Sound For Free
Use 3rd Party Tools to Schedule Reels
There are chances that the draft, saved in Instagram may get deleted due to some reasons, even I have experienced it oftentimes. So you can use some third-party tools to plan your reels, here are some services you can use:
- Metricool – This tool allows you to schedule your reels, as you can, type and save your caption, look for trending hashtags, and upload your video. On the scheduled date and time, the video along with your saved caption and hashtag will be mailed to you. All you need to do is, copy and paste it on Instagram right on time.
- Plann – Plann also works like Metricool, it also comes with an Android App. Just tap the Instagram icon to ‘copy and post’ from the notification, and you’ll find your Reel is now saved to the top of your camera roll. The caption will be available on your phone’s clipboard.
- Preview – Preview allows you to Plan your feed by dragging and dropping your reels on the calendar, preparing your captions, previewing your reels before you post, change the cover images. It also comes with an App.
So these are the two ways to schedule your Instagram Reels, using your phone or some third-party services. Both the methods have an advantage, saving a draft locally via the Instagram app, lets you post it quickly, as the reel is already uploaded. While using a third-party service mitigate the risk of losing draft, and also allows a team to work efficiently post a reel.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Source by gadgetstouse.com